SUPER Converter....32-Bit VS 64-Bit??? What?

RockstarRider's picture

I had SUPER converter on my old computer which was a 32-bit XP. And now I have a 64-bit Vista computer, and i installed the SUPER converter but now it stops after converting about 3-4 videos. What is the difference between 32 and 64-bit computers, what does it mean exaclty?....and if u know, why doesn't the SUPER converte function preperly...Is there something I can do?

H. Wolfgang Porter's picture
Plus Member Moderator

Rockstar,

The diff between a 32 and 64-bit system is that a 64-bit computer architecture generally has integer and addressing registers that are 64 bits wide, allowing direct support for 64-bit data types and addresses. In english, that means a 64-bit system can compute 2x more data than a 32-bit system, 4x more than a 16-bit system and so on. With a 32-bit system you can access a tremendous amount of RAM (HP has a new system that has 192GB!) whereas a 32-bit system can access no more than 4 (2-3 if you're lucky.) Your converter sounds like you need 64-bit drivers to support its function in the 64-bit environment. Check the manufacturer's website to see if they have the new drivers.

H.Wolfgang Porter, Composite Media Producer Dreaded Enterprises Unlimited, Inc. www.dreadedenterprises.com