Sugguest a good video camera

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Currently I have a Sony HC28 camera but I need to get a better camera that uses MiniDV tapes, can accept wireless mic’s, good for low light, has steady-shot feature, needs to have a flip out screen, external mic, etc. I would like to stay under 1000 for a used one. I really like the features of the vx2100 but finding one under 1000 is next to impossible. Can someone give me some suggestions on cameras. Mostly will be filming shorts, actions (snowmobiling shots) etc. Thanks in advance.

Participant

I have a Sony SR11 – It’s not MiniDV (HD/SD 60GB HDD) and has some nice features like external mic input, headphone jack, manual focus if you want – via knob, optical image stabilization, really nice viewscreen, great imager – lots more for about $1100 – $1200 new.

Participant

I have a GL2 that I am selling that has capabilities for all the features you are asking for. I would be willing to sell it to you with out all the extra lens and gadgets to fall in your price range. I’m asking $1,250.00

my email is akrone17@yahoo.com

Participant

All the user reviews I read about the GL2 is that it does not provide good low light recording. I need something that is decent in that respect.

Participant

I used to have a GL2 until I upgraded to something with XLR inputs. The GL2 worked fine in low light.

Participant

I really like the vx2100. I am thinking of holding out so I can get one of them unless someone has input on them or a comparable camera.

Participant

I have a VX2000 (with a beachcraft XLR adapter) and a PD-150 that I used for stage videography (low light levels). Both are for sale since I am not in that business any more.

Participant

You can try checking out the camcorder ratings of the ones that fits your requirements. If you want you can also skim through the reviews available. Good luck.

Participant

Just bought a GL2 and really like it so far.

Participant

make this guy an offer:

http://videomaker.com/community/forums/topic/replacement-for-my-hdr-hc1

don’t know the guy, but I have an hdr hc1, seems to fit your needs.

Participant

Like I said, I just bought a Cannon GL2.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best microphone for YouTube — 2021

One of the most common mistakes beginning video producers make is to overlook audio. Little do these beginners know that audiences are quicker to stop watching a video because of lousy sound quality than they are for poor video. Sound...
homicide-bootstrap