Stuttering dvd final output

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m editing with vegas vid 6. The problem I’m having is if I try to edit a vob file the rendered output plays fine on my pc but seems to ‘flicker’ along when played back on my TV dvd player. However if i edit avi files direct from my camera the output plays fine when burnt to disk. The problem there however the framerate is 30fps and I want to produce Pal dvd’s which is why I recorded my original material to DVD directly to convert it to an apparently smootly playing pal stream. It’s when I edit this material in Vegas I’m getting the problems – any ideas

Inactive

flicker? a little more detail would help, but also you are going from NTSC (30 fps) to PAL (25 fps), going to have some quality issues there. secondly, why on earth are you attempting to edit a vob (essentially a mpeg2 stream) in Vegas. Vegas will decompress thempeg and recompress it when rendering causing the processor to work harder during encode and you lose quality in the process but the recompression.

John

Inactive

I think the flicker could probably be best descrivbed as the effect you get with an interlaced video recordedwith the wrong field order. however no matter how I set the output options it always flickers in this way. This is driving me round the bend, as previously running a 30 fps video at 25fps causesstutters on playback, I ran theoriginal video onto my dvd recorder to smooth out the motion.ionly used the vob as vegas would import it directly. In your opinion what is the best way to work with vob files – ie converting into which format? Also arevob files interlaced as they are recorded on dvd recorders or if the original isfull frame non interlaceddo they recordin the same way?To be honest I only this problem with dvd recorded files and it’s driving me babanas:) – Any and all help is much appreciated

Ron

Inactive

Ron, I don’t work with PAL formats often enough to give you the best workflow, I would suggest that you post over at jetdv.com, creativecow.com or sony’s forums. There’s plenty of pros over there that can help you more than I could.

John

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap