studio to light

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’ve got a pretty large Internet/video studio to light. I mean large, 14m x 5.50 and 4.5m high. We are building our own ceiling rack, but boy do I need some tips on getting some great interview-area lighting and 3 point lighting. There are 3 sets, a chroma corner and a white screen.

Inactive

One thing to consider is whether to stick with conventional incandescent lights, which can offer a lot of control but emit a lot of heat, or to go with fluorescent or LED lighting, which tend to be more expensive, but are great if you don’t have air conditioning and are going to have the lights on for long periods.

I suspect your best plan would be to go with fluorescents or LED lights (like Litepanels) for general illumination, but get a few conventional fresnel spotlights (Arri, LTM, or Mole-Richardson) for precise control. Just be sure to get everything in the same color temperature.

Ken

Participant

Budget???

Inactive

What DOn said.

pics too.

Inactive

HI, I think fresnels and flourescents would be the way to go. Just not sure how to set up on a ceiling rack for best even lighting. I was thinking Fresnels as Key and flourescents as fill and back. The budget… I need to give quotes to the boss. I also would like some dimming control. Pics here

http://www.studiolacala.com/studiodesign.html

Many thanks for the response

Participant

don’t mix your light sources unless you got somebody with design skills and a stack of colored gels….

If you go with flourecent here’s three ways to dim:

wire your lighting banks with multiple switches so you can turn every second or third bulb on or off..

go with polarized or nd gels (rolled up into tubes to slide over your bulbs).

buy expensive dimable fixtures.

to get soft even lighting, think big.

big light sources relative to the size of your subject…. softboxes or large diffusers.

I built a rack using electrical conduit (painted black) and hang my lights with manfrotto superclamps.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap