Studio HD 15.0 takes for ever to render

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Studio HD 15.0 takes for ever to render

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I shot about an hour and a half of the fog rolling in. In Pinnacle it took over 4 hours to reduce it 500%, but with the trial version of Corel Visualstudio Pro X4 it took about ten minutes and produced a nice HD file. Is this normal for Pinnacle?

Participant

There was a patch released earlier this month for Avid Studio and from what I read it seems like it was also for Studio 15. And again, from what I am reading it seems to have corrected this problem you mentioned.

Participant

Probably depends on what format you are rendering to. There are many HD formats. Rendering to an AVCHD file takes many time longer to render than to an mpeg format such as HDV. You will get nearly identical picture quality, but the AVCHD file will usually be MUCH smaller, sometimes close to half the size of HDV, and often supporting a higher resolution to boot.

My computer in Vegas renders HDV(.m2t) files at about double speed of normal video. Rendering to an AVCHD (.m2ts) file takse my computer about 3-4x normal speed. I have used studio in the past and I know all these options exist there as well.

Participant

It was an AVCHDfile.I edited the samefile in both Corel and Pinnacle, and Pinnacle took hours to make a time lapse video compared to just minutes from Corel.

I tried the Avid patch but it was not applicable to Pinnacle. I am downloading Avid Studio trial as I write this. I like the simple interface of Pinnacle but would like to be able to add more audio/video overlays. I tried Adobe premier trial version but would need someone to teach me the basics before I could use it effectively.

Participant

Avid Studio IS what Pinnacle Studio should have been in the first place. I was actually dumping Pinnacle due to instability issues/frustration when AS came out. You will love it but it is a bit different but with a little practice you’ll figure it out.

Take a look at my other suggestion about exporting to DVD. Useful tip to keep in your back pocket.

Participant

Hi,

I quit Pinnacle or Avid with the poor Studio 14 version and use Magix Movie Edit 17 plus I come back with Avid Studio 1 and ugrade it I found this product very very stable and I cannot beleive my eye. The product is very different than Studio but easy to use. Simplicity is my first rule in video.

May be this is the first good new for Avid

Regards,

YR

Participant

I downloaded the trial version of Avid Studio yesterday and saw it had more potential than Pinnacle so I ended up buying it. I’m a push buttons till I get it right kind of learner, but did have to go to the instructions a couple of times. The few complaints I have so far is that there are too many transitions and effects I’ll never use which can sometimes make the interface a little cluttered and makes itdifficult to find what you are looking for. But overall I think I like it.

Participant

“The few complaints I have so far is that there are too many transitions and effects I’ll never use” that is consumer software for you!

“Avid Studio IS what Pinnacle Studio should have been in the first place” I don’t believe Pinnacle was originally an Avid software, they only recently purchased them.

Participant

“I don’t believe Pinnacle was originally an Avid software, they only recently purchased them.”

They were separate companies. I was saying that the quality, stability, and capability is what Pinnacle advertised itself as and what Pinnacles software should have been, but was far from it.

80 percent satisfied with Avid Studio, 50% with the Pinnacle 12 & 14, and only 10% with Magix (threw that money away big time and never used it again).

Never worked and no support to resolve. http://www.youtube.com/pandoffg#p/u/5/kFR8D_oPAn4

Participant

I never ever heard anything about Pinnacle advertising as stable – now I am literally “LMAO” That crashed every 15 minutes when I used it. I’ll stick to Vegas where it might crash every 10 hours and usually due to my own issues pushing it.

Participant

Hi,

Moab Man, I don’t where you see this statisticfor customers<span style=”font-size: xx-small;”> evaluation but my own comparison that is Avid continue to offer poor unstable product crashing all the time like my version 14 compare to my version 12 Avid loose the game and product like Magic strong in Europe gain each day in popularity. Personnaly I can tell that Magic has a very good product and hope that Avid come again a stable product. Nobody want to change software for the pleasure to change but many customers quit Avid for reasons. Naturally selling software around $125 is not interesting but selling near 1 million software and upgrade each year at $100 make a lot of money.</span>

<span style=”font-size: xx-small;”>I just purchased Avid Studio and found the first day error in writing text I can tell you that software verification is not really done. If you cannot write the text in video software this is a real problem.</span>

<span style=”font-size: xx-small;”>Regards,</span>

<span style=”font-size: xx-small;”>YR</span>

Participant

Signmax that satisfaction was mine with each of the platforms.

What is the error in writing text you found? My videos have plenty of text with no problem. I do know of a quirk with the cursor jumping when adding text (figured out the work around to the cursor issue), but that may already have been fixed with the patch this month.

One of the things I had noticed with the Pinnacle 12 & 14 is that having a machine with specifications way over the top resolved a lot of the instability. My first machine was over the minimums and should have adequately ran the programs. But, when I purchased my new machine that was over the top in specifications the programs smoothed out. In no way am I saying Pinnacle was as stable as it should have been but I think in part that had to do with min stats or recommended being too low.

As for Magix… To lay the money down, have the program not work for the purpose I bought it for, and no customer support… money thrown away. Don’t get me wrong, Magix has a lot of great attributes, but it errors for the specific thing I needed it to do.

Participant

HiMoab Man,

The last upgrade has made correctionfor the jumping cursor that is the proof that nobody check toomuch before a release this error was so big you type and you erase your text after a carriage return. Now I cannot use copy and paste from a text document or the text in a Word document. The program work well and stable. Probably Avid realize than loose customers is easier than gain customers. Personnaly I am not trust Avid soon a new version arrive with the same problems since 5 years, error in installation, patch, more patch etc…

Regards,

YR

<small></small>

Participant

4 days and not a single freeze or hiccup. Lots of effects to get through to find what I want but so far so good.

Participant

Intel media sdk may be the reason

I've used 15 HD ultimate for nearly 2 years well, but  got stuck recently that might be caused by changing windows environment sometimes — freeze during making movies of MOV and MPEG2 or Microsoft media file. I reinstalled OS – win7 64bit, this made the 15 HU crashed when started to run.  Then I changed it to Win7 32bit that makes 15HU fine to start, however, making movie has the same problem. But up to now I found from the windows event message that the point is on libmfxsw32.dll located in the program folder of studio 15. I found the dll was from intel around 2010 and saw a new version on intel's site. By installing the new sdk and overwrite the dll using newer one, the problem finally disappeared. — Please note that this works fine on my dell slim studio pc, you can have a try on yours if the intel media sdk is used.

• Viewing 14 reply threads

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap