Studio 15 Change Project Aspect Ratio from 4:3 to 16:9

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Studio 15 Change Project Aspect Ratio from 4:3 to 16:9

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

New to Pinnacle Studio..made my first project and spent probably 20
      hours editing an hour of home movies/photos. All of the movies are HD
      Video. Just went to make movie and selected an HD format to export to
      and it warned me that my project was in 4:3 aspect.

How can I
      change the aspect ratio for an existing project? I found out how to
      change it for new projects but can’t see anywhere to change for existing
      projects. If you can’t change it is there any way to start a new HD
      project, select all from the old project and copy it into the new
      project? All of the video is already HD in 16:9 format.

This is Pinnacle Studio 15 Ultimate.

Thanks

Inactive

Jason, I had the very same problem. The Pinnacle Studio ‘Help’ facility was no help at all. I found the solutionon another site. First with any scene in the timeline selected, go to the ‘Edit’ menu, and ‘Select All’ then click ‘Copy’. From the ‘File’ menu select ‘New Project’ when the new project opens up select ‘Set up’ then ‘Project Preferences’. Choose your ‘Project Format’ click OK. Finally click in the timeline and select ‘Paste’ your project should now be in your desired format. It worked OK for me and saved a lot of time re-editing.

DNSVideoDNSVideo
      Participant

Video shot in 4 X 3, stays 4 X 3 all they way through, garbage in, garbage out. Shoot in Widescreen, it gets rid of all bars in videos.

Inactive

Fantastic to see other experiencing the same problem as me and working towards a solution.

What I can't understand is why everything thing worked perfectly with Studio 11 and now with Studio 15 HD, even my still photos are showing a black line down the side when I bring them to the time line.  I never had this problem with Studio 11.  Not sure what's going on, but its darned frustrating.  All the best.

Inactive

Thanks!! This saved so much time for me as I realized after 4 finished videos that the output quality was unusable as the project aspect ratio was changed earlier. I couldn't figure out how to change it and this helped, you made my day! Saved many hours of re-editing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap