Studio 12 – VCR Analog capture, video audio Sync is off

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Studio 12 – VCR Analog capture, video audio Sync is off

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bozobyte
      Participant

I have Studio 12.1 I can get a new Studio14 Ultimate for free with rebates….is this version easier?

Video taken from a Digital Canon G6, some shot at hi
      res-640×480, and other clips from low res 320×240. I have not
      graduated to a HD 1080 Video camera as of yet.

( VIDEO> 720×480 KB and AUDIO> 16 Bit ) Burned to a TDK
      DVD+R Blank. It’s about 20 minutes long.

I had a few .avi video files I looped together (forgot about the chapter
      option) I added mp3 background music, saved it as STUDIO *.stx file, then
      opted for the Disc Type > DVD and Video Quality > BEST QUALITY.
      It stated I had 343.6GB FREE, 122.1GB USED, and 130GB the SIZE. I played
      it back fine both on the Computer using Nero Showtime, and this was in
      color,(won’t work in Windows media Player without buying an expensive DVD MPEG2
      codec. The playback sound sounded pretty good on both TV and puter.

Based on the setting DVD/BEST QUALITY when I burned this, Is this the
      acceptable preference for making a DVD to play both on the computer and CD/DVD
      Player with the TV? I don’t know much about burning a video like this and
      putting it on You Tube.

On a separate note…A friend of mine gave me her SONY VRD-VC20,
      and no instructions. Does anyone have any experience with this device for
      recording old VHS-C camcorder tapes directly to a DVD? Heard very loud bad feedback on this old, outdated technology, but for me, I would like to real time edit and trash all the bad VHS content.

I would rather capture
      using Studio 12,
      and my VCR, but I am having problems with the
      transfer…. All I get is sound with no picture in the CAPTURE Preview
      screen, or nothing at all. I did a google search on this topic and found very negative reviews
      on this device. I would like to real time edit the footage before burning
      it, and realize it’s only going to be as good as the day I recorded it using my
      JVC Analog camcorder…some of these tapes are 18-20 years old and starting to
      degenerate.

When using the capture VCR to Studio method, I record blindly to the
      computer without seeing any preview? Or do I cut that out after I upload
      the VCR footage to Studio capture?

P-35 Platinum MS-7345 Mobo

Windows XP Home Edition SP3

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)

2.4 GHz, 3328 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 512 Memory Size

Realtek HD Audio Output Sound

DirectX version: 9.0c

Monitor: Viewsonic VX2035wm
      Series

WD 500 GB HDD / WD 74GB
      RAPTOR HDD

NERO 9

Based on the above puter specs, would I have any problem authoring and burning DVD’s? Can anyone tell me if the Studio 14 is more friendlier than the 12 version to capture from a VCR or analog camcorder?

I hooked up RL Audio to my sound card (onboard Realtek HD audio) and Video form analog devices to Pinnacle PCI..is that why the sync between the audio and video is about five seconds off?

Thanks for any help.

XTR-91
      Participant

As long as there’s no dropouts, if the audio capture just hasa delay, you can back it up 5 seconds, or move it forward that much, within your editing bay.

warewolf
      Participant

Hi there I’ve had your problem with the sound sync via the on board sound card of the pc the problem is the sound card buffer which is giving you this 5 second delay there is 2 solutions:

!: install an external sound card which has it’s own memory buffer or option 2.
      2: upgrade to Pinnacles movie box capture card get the one with the phonos input and output box and this has the left and right phono audio input and output sockets as well as the picture sockets this capture card also lets you output your movie or files to tape and it has its own buffer builtin to reduce the sound delay problem.
      I would go for option 2, as you can then output to a video recorder or an external dvd recorder hooked up to you tv.
      when you have copied the tapes to hdd then eddit using Pinnacle Studio 12 this then gives you the option of enhancing the capture and seeing the render output to tape using the output to tape option and viewin on your tv before output to dvd the program I would recomend for output to dvd is Ulead MovieFactory 6.

Hope this Helps You Folks

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN