Struggling with AVI sound in Vegas…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      intfit
      Participant

Hi All, First time poster here but already asking for help πŸ™‚

I’m a relative beginner using Vegas studio 9 platinium pro pack. I’m unable to get any sound from AVI’s recorded with a helmet camera. Sound works perfectly with Movie Maker.

To complicate matters I’ve recorded lots of footage in 720×480 and movie maker distorts the aspect ratio, so I can’t pass it through movie maker into a file type that Vegas wants to work with. On top of that I’d like to maintain as high a quality end result as possible (I’m not starting with fantastic res as its a helmet camera), so am I right in thinking the more times the file gets converted the greater the decrease in quality?

I know nothing about codecs but can I “get one” so Vegas will recognise the sound from the helmet camera?

Thanks in advance,

BTW,info below is pasted from their web site to give those of you in the know an idea of the file type I’m dealing with.

http://www.vio-pov.com/ Video:
      Frame rates: 30fps, 25fps, 24fps, 15fps
      Resolutions: 720×480, 720×400, 640×480, 360×240
      Formats: MPEG4 AVI (DivX Codec) digital, NTSC/PAL analog
      Exposure control: Automatic exposure control and white balance

intfit
      Participant

“edit”

I’m a relative beginner using Vegas studio 9 platinium pro pack. I’m unable to get any sound from AVI’s recorded with a helmet camera. Sound (and video) works perfectly with Movie Maker. Windows media player.

Or can someone recomend the best way to convert files into something Vegas can use without losing quality? Even if I have to purchase sotware I’d like to maintain as higher quality as possible.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN