Streaming Video

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am a web developer and need to stream an hour long video on the web, and i would like the capability of some kind of pull down menu or list of links that will jump to different parts of my video… does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Participant

OK, I’m no expert at streaming in general but I have done it using flash (which will definitely give you the interactivity you want). You can see my examples on my site. If you don’t know Flash, you may not want to get into it for this one project because it is VERY complicated and hard to learn (unless you take a class or have a good teacher). Actually what I have on my site isn’t technically streaming. The video player is embedded in the flash movie and it gets the video from another URL and loads it into the player. It works pretty much the same way and the video will play instantly when opened (unless the connection is slow and you have a buffer set). Anyway, let me know if you have questions.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap