Strange HDV problem with Adobe Premiere Pro CS3

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I need to edit some HDV footage with Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, but have discovered to my dismay that my laptop is not up to the task.
      The laptop has a Pentium M 1.86Ghz with 2GB of RAM – perfectly adequate for a 3-camera shoot in standard definition, but plays HDV at the rate of about one frame every 15 seconds. I am looking for a way to convert the footage to a lower quality, edit it, and then replace the low quality footage with HDV.

Now here’s the strange part. I did some experimenting. I rendered a minute of HDV footage to lower quality. I placed it into an HDV sequence and discovered that it would still only play at the rate of one frame every five seconds or so – with no effects, transitions, or anything. However, in the program monitor, it would play perfectly. 😕 I tried MPEG2 and H.264 with identical results.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it!

-Mango

Participant

Try using Cineform Aspect HD to get better performance by converting HDV to a less compressed editing format: you can find the trial download at the following link: http://www.cineform.com/products/Downloads/DownloadAHDTrialStart.htm

Also make sure your laptop hard drive isn’t full and try running a defragmentation utility on it. HDV by nature is difficult to edit on older computers, but it shouldn’t be as slow as what you described.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap