Stock Music for Video

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      fdvideo
      Participant

Anyone have links to where I can download free stock music for video?

fdvideo@hotmail.com

Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant
      birdcat
      Participant

If you register with Digital Juice (free – http://www.digitaljuice.com), you can download quite a selection of their royalty free offerings for free, including 19 MP3’s of their music selections.

roblewis56
      Participant

I use Songza.com and Applian Freecorder Toolbar to download as MP3 file. What I’ve used so far is not protected.

birdcat
      Participant

What I’ve used so far is not protected.

Just because something is not protected does not mean you can legally use it. There are still copyright laws that prohibit it (read the Digital Millenium Copyright Act for more details – http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf).

Browne
      Participant

I think you may visit Stock Music site.Here there is great and huge collection of
      HIp-Hop,Rap,Rock and many other music of different artists are available

roblewis56
      Participant

Dear birdcat, I have looked at the site you suggested. Specifically, in your opinion, in what situations can one legally use/not use unprotected music? It is not clear to me from this general legal document.

Thanks

Robert

birdcat
      Participant

Unprotected music is just that – Unprotectd – I can rip any CD I have to WAV or MP3 which can be used in my productions – It’s just not legal to do that.

To legally use any music you need to acquire certain rights to do so (sync, mechanical, distribution, performance, etc…). With royalty free music you purchase the rights to use it (same with needle drop and other forms but with a different agreement and payment schedule).

If you want to legally use commercial popular music, you should contect an Intellectual Property rights attorney who can guide you along the process (expect to pay many thousands of dollars to acquire those rights).

Certain types of exceptions are allowed for “Fair Use” – Parody being the one that stands out to me. You can look this up (“Fair Use”) but I would not personally use any commercial music in a public forum without first speaking to an IP attorney.

roblewis56
      Participant

Sounds like good advice, thanks

Robert

Anonymous
      Inactive
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN