Still pictures shutter in Elements 4

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

i’m using elements 4 and i notice the occasional still pic i use in a movie after I burn it to a DVD gets this weird shake effect almost like moire pattern but not. All pics are standard jpeg and all have the same size/res so i’m stumped. It only seems to appear after I burn to DVD.(Standard-PAL) And occasionally i get a similar problem with analog footage from this old betacam i have access to. It gets this shimmering stutter effect. Any ideas?

Participant

A question first, where do you live? if you live in the USA then you are using the wrong format as PAL is for Europe and Asia. PAL is for 50 hz countries and NTSC is for countries that have 60 hz electrical supplies. If you live in the USA you need to be using NTSC instead of PAL. Just a suggestion / question.

Inactive

Hi Charles. I live in a PAL region (Australia). I did an experiment last night. I directly exported (File-Export-Movie) a troubled video to an AVI file and It plays perfectly on my new laptop without ANY hitches. So, could the problem be either my DVD burner on my main PC or could there be an issue with Elements 4 when I burn it to DVD. I have used both template setups (Widescreen 16:9 Interlaced & Standard 4:3 Interlaced) and the problem is non discriminate. Also what is the Interlace? i cant seem to change it if I had too! One other thing, is the fact that i am dealing with analog footage have anything to do with the shuddering effect i sometimes get on moving footage? I really appreciate your advice !

many thanks

RockyRocky
    Participant

Had a similar jerky movement problem with using Premiere Elements in Australia. Took the DVD to an editing friend who works at a Sydney TV station and he quickly found the problem to be adjacent or sequential frames had been swapped around or reversed by the Adobe software. He had access to software he used to correct the problem. The jerky movement problem was most obvious with fast on screen talent movement. The following Adobe forum link is suggestive itis a reoccurring problem down under.http://forums.adobe.com/thread/822077?tstart=0

Inactive

thanks rocky. i checked out the link. If this is my problem for Video anyway (and i was looking at upgrading to Elements 9 as well) do you suggest some other editing software that is compatible with Australia ? Also, i’m beginning to think it might be a software problem. I have tried burning the AVI file made in Elements 4 on several other bits of software, including Pinnacle HD NERO and DVDFlicks. I seem to get different playback results between my Laptop, PC and DVD player. One will play fine the others will have issues. Also, what was the software your friend used to fix your problem?

RockyRocky
    Participant

Don’t think the problem is so much with Adobe rather its with insufficientcomputer CPU/Memory specifications that causes Adobe to struggle, resulting in the problem. A characteristic of this would be excessive time taken to render a timeline. Inow use Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and have not experienced that particularproblem again. I am unable to confirm but think it was Avid software that fixed the problem?

• Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2020

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look...
    homicide-bootstrap