Star Wars kid

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

This is what my kids want. check link: http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.fullsearch
      Would you have to open frame by frame and paint the movie or is there another way to do this? I have Liquid 7 and adobe 6.5 with after effects. I told my boys I’ll try and do a short video for them.
      Thanks

Participant

Link does not work. Go to search and type in
      star wars kid

Participant

I asume that you want to do the lightsaber effect. There are a few ways to do it here is a site which shows how to do it in After effects and photoshop. Forget about liquid or premiere for the effects they are not composititng programs and shouldent be used as such for the best results.

Inactive

Um, where’s that site, videolab? πŸ˜€

Participant

http://theforce.net/fanfilms/postproduction/sabres/sabertutorials.asp
      Sorry bout that.
      Compusolver, I dont know what kind of compositing your doing but premiere is simply not equipt with the tools to do any serious motion graphics or compositing. The list could go on forever but a few of the things that would be esintial for a real compositing app would be proper motion keyframing capabilities, transfer modes, a proper keyer, 3d space (this is a big one), the ability to use an unlimited # of layers (create a comp with 40-50 layers and see how real time premiere is or even 5-10 layers for that matter much less how to see all of those layers), motion blur, ect. As I said I could go on forever. Don’t get me wrong I really like premiere as it is my favorite editor. It is not a graphics/composititng program though. Just wasent made to be. Not to say that it cannot yeild great results with light graphic work. AE is better if you have it you should use it why pay more for Ultra if you already have AE ? AE is much more powerfull than Ultra. (which I am asuming that you do if you bought the video bundle)

Participant

Digital Video:

Can I call you DV? I used the tips found on the site at the end of the following link.

http://nickyguides.digital-digest.com/light-saber.htm

I got good results but it was long since it does imply that you will have to do some frame by frame retouching.

May the Force be with you!

Mario

Inactive

Digital Video,

I recently did a project for school where I had a lightsaber scene and I had to create a mask for each keyframe and then a glow over that in Adobe After Effects. The tutorial I used was from a very helpful special effects site that I have found,

http://ryanw.michaelfrisk.com/ryan-w/tutorials.html

he includes special help for contact flashes and other effects to make them seem more realistic.

This was my first time with this effect but all I can advise is to make the scene short or you will be keyframing hour after hour. For my 20-30 second clip I was working at it for 15+ hours.

I hope this was helpful.

Inactive

that might have been a lot better idea. The scene was shot in a hurry on a dying battery as the sun was going down. The pvc pipes we used (painted bright red and green) were pretty much blending into the background it was so dark.

Now I know for next time….

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap