Star Wars Backgrounds

• This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

As sort of a follow up to the last guy, I was wondering where one could find free starwars background movies. Much like the last guy, I’m looking for something along the lines of A Space Battle, Jedi Council Room, Inside of an Imperial Ship like a Destroyer or The Death Star. I would prefer to not have any characters included. Are there any such things out there?
      Something computer generated or anything like that???

I checked out the Scifi3d.com and spacebattles.com but it seemed like i was only able to find slide shows or still photos. How would I incorporate that into something where it would move with the movie???

I am a noobie. This is my first post. I thank anyone and everyone who can help me.

Participant

are you talking about having a character move around a green-screened area, and you want the background to move appropriately with the character? Sort of like having a CG moving camera angle?

Inactive

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m looking for.

Please keep in mind I never took one graphic arts course and i know nothing of digital filmmaking. This is just for fun and I’m just wondering if there’s anything out there that’s downloadable, will work on either Windows Movie Maker 2 or Sony Vegas Studio, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, is free.

Participant

unfortuanately, i cant think of any "plug-in" that would do what you want for free.

the only solution i can think of for your problem is a 3d program like 3DS, MAX 3, or maybe Maya or Lightwave. There are files on Scifi 3D that are complete environments compatible with these programs.

Other than that, i would suggest going on eBay and looking for these programs. Usually you can find cheap prices there. Or, go to a 3D program’s website and work w/ a trial run. Or, you could post around here and see if you can work with someone who has the program, and would be willing to help you for free.

Inactive

I’ve heard of Maya and Lightwave…what would I have to know in order to use them?

Inactive

[quote="dan51978"]I’ve heard of Maya and Lightwave…what would I have to know in order to use them?[/quote]

As with all 3D packages, you need to know modeling, animation, lighting particle systems and so on and so forth. Well you don’t have to specifically know those stuff. Concentrate on an area and go from there. Yoiu may have a knack for modeling objects or doing particle simulations. Check out the CG Society website:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/

If you have never done 3D before I would suggest that you start out with Blender:

http://www.blender.org/cms/Home.2.0.html

Blender is free and you can do some great quality stuff with it. The CG society website has a Blender subforum where you can ask or search for answers. You can also google for tutorials pertaining to that program and any other 3D program. 3D animations is not the easiest. Scifi 3D has some excellent models. Although I don’t think they have an interior of the Jedi council room but they do have interiors and exteriors of the Imperial Star Destroyer.

Inactive

Since your useing vegas ( ver? 6?) take the still image "pan and crop’ the still like you want it then add the chroma effects you want

Participant

If you want some basic 3D background videos, I can do that for you.

Participant

Isn’t building a 3D set a bit overkill? I mean, I’m sure you’re not making this thing for distribution right? How about just finding a still image and placing that in the background?

(maybe something like these)?
      http://images.google.com/images?imgsz=xxlarge&ndsp=18&hl=en&lr=&q=+site:img419.imageshack.us+star+wars+screenshot

Participant

I wasn’t talking about a 3d set…That would be far out of my range!

I was offering a video he could put in a greenscreened window. Like a video of air traffic that would spice up an otherwise drab scene. Background stuff.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap