Splitting audio channels

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,

I’m looking for advice on how to record seperate channels of audio from wireless mics using the GL2. I need to do some interviews and I would like to be able to edit each of the speakers seperately. I need set-up advice, but equipment reviews are also welcome.

Thanks,

Dave

Inactive

Dave,

This is an easy one. I have the same camera and use the Azden 200ULT UHF wireless system. This particular setup has the capability of picking up two separate channels from two different transmitters at the same time using different frequencies. This particular model comes with two bodypacks and lapel mics but you can get handheld mics too. You just plug the receiver into your MIC input on the camera and each transmitted channel is laid down on its own track so you can do whatever you want to them separately.

http://www.azdencorp.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=93702&cat=0&page=

I’d shop around. Don’t but them direct from Azden because you would be paying the full price. Check B&H Photo.

RAM

Inactive

I’ve been making movies for years, but they’ve always featured narration added in post. I think it’s funny that it’s taken this long for this need to come up.

Inactive

Dpayneful: compusolver’s idea is WAY cheaper than a new wireless system. I actually forgot about a hard wire setup. Of course each method has it’s pros and cons too.

:-// Thanks "compousolver"

RAM

Inactive

Thanks for the tips, I’m now shopping.
    The wireless would suit my needs much better at this point. Now after I’ve seperated the channels, what shoud I expect to see when importing a clip? I use premiere pro. In batch capture does it recognize the various channels?

Inactive

I do use audition, although not too much. What is the best way to input the files into audition. I guess what I’m asking is how will the different channels appear. If I use premiere pro to ingest the files, will it show up as an avi with seperate channels? Then I guess I can move them to audition as wav files and work the magic?

Thanks for all the help, it’s always nice to find out info before you spend the money.

• Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
    homicide-bootstrap