Split screen video card

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

What video card(s) does a split screen. (1 desktop over 2 screens). I went to Compusa but they were no help. If anyone can help thanx in advance. The make and model would be and extra help thanx.

Inactive

Assuming you are using a Windows machine – I added another video card to my machine and plugged the second monitor into it. Windows XP recognized it right away. (with the desktop showing, right click on a blank spot, select Properties, select Settings). I use the 2 screens with Adobe Premier and I just could not live without them. Also great for my other work.

Note – I tried this first on a cheap “e-Machines” box that had the video circuit on the motherboard. The additional video card disabled the motherboard video, so I still had one monitor. It would take a second additional card to make it work on that machine.

Note 2 – determine whether or not you have an available AGP slot on your motherboard. If you do not, then you have to buy a video card for a PCI slot.

Note 3 – the video card I bought also has a digital video output, so if I had a LCD monitor with a digital input, I could have 3 screens.

Inactive

Almost all video cards nowadays have both a regular VGA port and DVI port. You can get an adaptor (if it doesn’t come with one) that will convert the DVI to a VGA so you can run 2 monitors on 1 card

-Jim

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap