Split screen effect ok, but audio track problem

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Split screen effect ok, but audio track problem

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I had a couple of .mov clips that I made with a Sony Digital Camera (extremely lo-fi).

When I edited both videos to simulate a telephone conversation with a split screen effect I had no problem with the video track: I superimposed both images, used the crop effect and it was ok.

But I couldn’t make the same with the audio tracks. As soon as I imported both .mov clips and dragged them in the timeline, the audios went to the same track (audio 4 in this case).

I even unliked one of the clips, but the audio stayed in the same track. I imported again the clips but automatically the audios were assigned to the same track (again audio 4).

How can I solve that?

Or is it that the split screen, or picture in picture, doesn’t allow both audio tracks to work simultaneosly?

Thanks in advance

Luis Oscar MaymiLuis Oscar Maymi
      Participant

Did the audio of the videos you imported are in mono? You superimposed both picture, one in video 1 and the other on video 2, so the audio should be in Audio 1 and 2 respectively. If the audio from the videos you imported are in mono Premiere will automatically create a new audio track (Audio 4) to put the mono audio. The Audio tracks 1 to 3 are in stereo so you will need to make a new mono audio track and then you will be able to make both audio work simultaneously.

Inactive

Thanks a lot.

I’ll try that and tell you if I can make it work.

Inactive

When stuff like this happens to me I drop the second video further down the time line where there is no video 1. Then I move the video and audio to the desired tracks and slide them over the video1 and audo1 tracks.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2020

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap