speeding up DVD burning

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I use Vegas Platinum and DVD Architect and it takes easily an hour and a half just to burna thirty minute movie not including the rendering process to send it to Architect. Is there any way to speed up the process

Participant

If you are concerned about burning process, I can recommend the IMGBURN at http://www.imgburn.com.

The single guy beats the world in making the ultimate burning software. Download is free, but the author is asking for donation to “help him improve” the product. So don’t be @#$ – donate if you like it.

Creating the DVD file structure on your hard drive may take a while depending on the power of your computer, compression ratio, etc. 1,5 hours for a 30 min video sounds like a normal rendering time for an average PC.

FAQ Video

Inactive

What can I upgrade in my PC to speed up the process?

Inactive

Upgrading your processor is the best way speed up rendering. Use caution though, because processor upgrading is also the most difficult. To upgrade the processor you will very likely have to upgrade the entire motherboard.

Inactive

i would suggest that you encode your project to the dvda mpeg stream first and render an ac-3 audio file from vegas and import those into dvda. if anything has to be recompressed in dvda, it will take longer. Also, rendering to a seperate drive that where the files are located will help with speeds. my setup is a 250 gig system drive, 250 gig file drive for captures, pictures and an external drive for dvd file renders.

John

Inactive

Thanks for the reponse. How much does a motherboard cost or am I better off waiting until I buy a new computer to install better features into it when it is built.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2020

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap