Sound problems with Canon XL2

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

When I use a wireless microphone (Sony) and run the XLR cable into the back (Ch 1/3) everything works fine, but if I try the same thing on the right (Ch 2/4) nothing happens – no sound coming through at all.

Also, I have a MA 300 Microphone Adapter and can’t get it to work at all. I’ve set the Audio Mode to 12 bit and tried just about every combination and nothing works.

I’m trying to be able to use two wireless microphones for interviews, but so far I can only get one line to work.

Any suggestions for a beginner?

Participant

What do you mean by 1/3 and 2/4?

Inactive

On the rear of the camera, the XLR input on the left is designated Ch 1/3 and the one on the right is labeled Ch 2/4.

Inactive

Now, I am able to run two wireless mics using the XLR terminals on the rear of the camera, but still get nothing when trying to MA 300 adapter on the advanced accessory shoe. I’ve used the Shoe input and tried just about every setting, but still can get no sound to the camera through the MA 300.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

Participant

Did you check the manual of the Canon XL1? IT may tell you about the MA-300.

The adapter may have a problem, or the XL1’s not giving it enough. Is the battery low?

Inactive

Yep…checked the manual and did all the things it said to do. Battery is not low.

Looks like it just may be a malfunction of the MA 300.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap