Sound dropouts during archive transferring

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Help I am looking for some advice, I started the long haul of transfering all of my 8MM video to a digital date storage base. During the transfers on some tapes I noticed some sound dropouts that make the video footage unwatchable. My footage was shot between 1987 and 2004. I am using the original camera that filmed most of the footage from 1991>2004. 3/4 of my footage is of live music, I used a external Sony 909 mic on (my ID on youtube is50174, example of a good tranfer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMWtOZYPcV8)There is no tracking feature on this camera. I am using below

Sony video 8 CCD-TR93 NTSC into a Canopus ADVC 110 into my MACBOOK Pro

Any thoughts would be great

Anonymous
      Inactive

the dropoutsmay be indicative of tracking or tape wear. I would be suprised if you captured all that old footage 100% accurately with the camera.

Grinner Hester
      Participant

you can try a different player and hope for the best. They are deterierating tho.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best audio editing software for video editors — 2021

Let's look at the best audio editing software currently on the market, then go over the most important features to consider as you shop.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.