Sound advice

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have asked a similar question before, but i am still stuck with this.

I am having problem syncing Audio, and want to know if there is anyway to view two Audio track next to each other so i can see the waveform clear enough that i can match the troughs and peaks.

I am using Premier (pro 1.5 if that makes any dif), and have shot some footage with duel chanel Audio, one from the mic and one from the venues PA system.

Cheers,

Jay

Inactive

All you have to do is place one audio track on one timeline and the other one right under it. Make sure you click on the twirl down arrow(s) way on the left so that both lines are expanded and you can see the wave signs. You can adjust the height of each track by just clicking on the divider lines of each track and dragging it down making them wider. Then its just a matter of trying to match the wave pattern up. You get close by looking at them but then youll have to take it down to the frame level for dialing it in. The audio track shot with the video will obviously match so youll have to turn that one off and just watch to see if the other audio track matches the video. If not youll have to slide it around a bit to sync it up. It takes a little bit of foolin around but you’ll get it.

RAM

Inactive

ey up mate,

cheers for the reply, that is cool, i will just fill the screen with the Audio section so i can see it well.

I have another question, i use Photoshop and can click V to select the move tool, and then simply use the arrow keys to move things one pixel at a time if i want precise movement.

Is there a way of doing this in Premier? I ask as i have tried that and all it does is move the little possition indicator.

Cheers,

Jay

Inactive

Can you be more precise?

What are you trying to move and from within what?

The titler graphics?

Key frames?

Give me(us) an example!

RAM

Inactive

ey up mate,

sorry about that, it is so easy to write something that makes total sense to you but none to other.

I want to know if it is possible to just nudge the Video or Audio clip or Keyframe by using a keystroke?

As i say i can do this in Photoshop by selecting the move tool (as in premier) and simply pressing the arrow keys.

I am using Premier.

The reaosn i ask is that if i use the mouse it will move each item too much.

Cheers,

Jay

Inactive

All of the shortcut keys for Premiere Pro are listed under the following:

Click [EDIT] [KEYBOARD CUSTOMIZATION]

In that window click on the second dropdown box from the top and click on [WINDOWS]

Then click on the window type you’re working in to find out what shortcut keys are available. In the case of nudging the clips on a timeline you would click on the word [TIMELINE WINDOW]. They will be listed there.

RAM

Inactive

Cheers mate,

As per normal, your a star.

Thanks,

Jay

Inactive

Hello,

I believe you are looking to "nudge" your footage, or sound to sync. them up?

With the clip selected on the timeline (aud. or vid.) you can ust the ALT key and arrows to "nudge" clips.

Hope that helps.

MF

Inactive

Now then,

thats exactly what i wanted to know, thats spot on.

Thanks for that, that will make life very easy.

Cheers,

Jay

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap