Sony Z5P Questions

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Comerades! I’m an italian videomaker, and i’m gonna buy a sony Z5 but, before doing it, i need to find some more infos:

What do you think about that camcoder? Many people I’ve spoke with uses a Canon d7 /d5 photocam, that is not exactly a camcoder, but still makes beautifull videos! In comparison, I sow Canond5 shoots better at night (z5 noises quickly…), it also has 30fps (z5 does noT? I didnt found anything about that), is smaller and lighter (not bad when travelling) and uses memory drivers (more confortable than kilos of Dvs…). So maybe would be better to buy the canon photocam instead of a Sony camcoder…

what’s your opinon?

Tnx

Participant

Consider the Sony HXR-NX5. It is the same as the HVR-Z5 but usesflash recording in stead of tape.

The CanonDSLR cameras will perform better in low light owing totheir huge sensors. Recording video, these cameras only perform well with very expensive lenses and lots of adapters.

Participant

Participant

If you are wanting the SLR look such as the look that the Cannon 5d gives then I would recommend looking at Panasonic’s new camera the Panasonic AG-AF100AG-AF100

It’s amazing! You can change the lens with other camera lens’s such as Nikon and Cannon but you can control all video aspects and audio.

Best Regards

Jim

Houston wedding videography

Participant

Hi folks,

I have a Z5P with the MRC1 unit. I set the REC EXT CTL to External, so now I can record tapeless…without the camera whining about not having a tape, and shutting itself off. But I can’t use my REC triggers on either the camera or my LANC controller. What setting am I overlooking? Thanks!

Participant

Actually, my post was wrong….I have the REC EXT CTL set to External, but my camera is STILL shutting itself off without a tape inserted!!!! What the heck is going on?? UGH!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap