Sony Z1 Broadcast HD or not?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Guys

When I bought the Z1 a few years ago I believed it was HD broadcast quality (my belief supported by some broadcast companies using it in documentary production). Now I’ve read other reports that say it’s HDV is not acceptable for full broadcast if I submitted a film captured on the Z1. Can anyone enlighten me?

Regards,

Graham

Participant

I’ve never had a problem meeting any specs of any network. Not sure where ya read that. “broadcast quality” is highly subjective. Truth is,some shows braodcast 4th genration VHS to this very day.

Thanks G. I picked it up of the UK ITV network submission specs, where it states any material should be HD, not HDV

Participant

ahh. They just want uncompressed then. You’ll always have to adhere to network specs (if wanting to be on that network or station). It can become entertaining though. I once got specs from ESPN wanting 1:1 on Digibeta, which is 2:1 no matter what. Sometimes ya just have to nod yes and continue on. It’s kind of like being married.

Participant

They probably mean it has to be 1920×1080, and not HDV quality (1440×1080).

Phew, many thanks guys for your feedback! I was not thinking laterally and reading it wrong as capture format rather than output.

I was a bit surprised because I know some TV documentary makers take the Z1 along with them… The Z1 rocks on!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap