Sony VX200

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

lookin at my friends Sony VX200 and wanted to know something. anyway, i’m wanting to use it cause i wrote a movie, and i’m wanting to shoot it, and edit it. i’m looking for a good film look, nothing like a home movie. i know that most of the film look is done in post production, but, i know that if you shoot in 24-30p mode, it will automatically shoot it in a film looking look. but, i was wanting to know if the VX200 will shoot in the 24p mode, or if i should be looking at something like a used Canon XL-1.

Inactive

Plus, to add to that, you can technically convert 30i down to 24p in post. Although the quality isn’t quite the same as a feature shot natively in 24p, if you’re good with the manual adjuctements on your camera, you can get it close.

Personally, I’d not spend the money on a camera to do that, but then, most of what I do doesn’t need to be shot in film style.

Inactive

what about the Canon XL-1….anything wrong with that one…?

Inactive

Hank,

I bought a used camera from a videographer a while back. The reason he was selling his gear was because his brother decided to partner with him, and invested a good chunk of money so they could upgrade to HD. I bought that camera not quite a year ago, and even being used on a weekly basis, it’s working just as well as my other gear. I’ve only cleaned the head once, and it wasn’t because it needed it, but rather because that was when I do all my cameras, and I wanted to get it on the same maintenance cycle as the rest of them.

The local pro video shop owner gets cameras back all the time. Apparently quite a few folks try to get into videography, but realize it’s too much financial obligation and sell their stuff almost new. He’s got some "used" cameras that may as well be new.

But in general, I agree. There are very few good reasons to trust a used prosumer camera, ESPECIALLY if it’s at a super low price.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap