Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 c Visual C++ runtime error…

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 c Visual C++ runtime error…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi – I cannot launch my Sony Vegas Pro 8.0c program due to the error code listed below. I have re-installed those libraries from 2005, 08 and 10.

I have kept up with my AVG virus scans and Malware Bytes scans, etc.

Just previous to discovering this problem I had installed 2 graphics programs that may have hijacked the Visual C++ code.

My system is a 32 bit Windows XP SP 3.

Someone said I should re-install the Vegas program but I have 25 projects and am afraid they will get messed up. Please advise how to get mu program restored.

Thanks,

Bill

<p style=”margin-bottom: 0in;”>Microsoft visual C++ runtime library
      <p style=”margin-bottom: 0in;”>
      <p style=”margin-bottom: 0in;”>Runtime error program C\pro
      files\sony\vegas pro 8.0\vegas80.exe

<p style=”margin-bottom: 0in;”>
      <p style=”margin-bottom: 0in;”>this application has requested the
      runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the
      application’s support team for more info.

Inactive

My first instinct is to uninstall the two graphics program and see if the problem persists. You might end up in ‘safe mode’ to do a total uninstall.

The idea of reinstalling Vegas is an option to look at as well. A couple years ago my system drive became corrupted and I had to do a complete recovery (all my projects were on a separate hard drive) which included a total re-install of Vegas. Afterward when I opened each project they were perfectly intact.

Participant

newmovies: Hi. I suppose I could try a uninstall of those 2 programs. One is free and the other I have a license for.

Most of my Vegas project files are on a separate partition from the C Drive programs. Maybe that aspect will not be so bad.

We are also looking into a review of the 2005, 08 and 10 Run Time libraries as Sony listed the 2 versions Vegas needs. Also looking into the .NET Framework aspect.

Thanks for your advice,

Bill

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2020

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look...
homicide-bootstrap