Sony Vegas Pro 11 preview an features

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNdmhNFfClw

Participant

I also like the new features in the “Render As” dialogue, HOWEVER, 90% of my projects I always batch render as AC3-PRO, Blu-Ray stream and DVD stream. Unfortunately the “favorites” don’t work in that screen, and in my opinion would be a great addition to that part. Re-checking 3 different types of renders while looking at 100’s of options slows me down a bit (even though I know where they are) and I always find myself in OCD mode triple checking every option to make sure they are all correctly selected.

Vegas Pro 10 was suppose to have GPU rendering enhancements as well, but they pale in comparison to the buff the feature was given in Vegas Pro 11.

Participant

I have been using an older version of Vegas Pro (8.0) for years and just upgraded today – Gonna take some time to get everything working the way I like.

As for rendering, I had about a dozen custom templates I use about 90% of the time so I don’t see altering my workflow as this is what I have found works best. I also use about a half dozen scripts to speed up my process (things like match aspect ratio, reduce interlace flicker, normalize audio, select events from cursor, etc…) which I anticipate will continue as well.

My biggest challenge as I see it will be the new NewBlueFX Pro Titler – I never used the built in Vegas Pro Titler much (I use Bluff and Digital Juice Fonts for 99% of my non simple text titling) but this looks interesting.

That (NewBlueFX Titler), 64bit processing and the increased render/preview speed (GPU acceleration) are the main reasons I bit now – I could’ve gone along with 8.0 a bit longer if I needed to but at these prices ($140) how could I say no.

Participant

All my renders are custom templates, and they can still be set as favorites in the “render as” dialogue. You may want to go through and re-tweak some of them. For some reason when I do my DVD mpeg render using the template that I used in Pro 10, it crashed at the end of rendering. I just made a new custom template for it in Pro 11 and now it renders just fine. I have not had issues with other renders yet, but one main tweak you will want is to make sure you are taking advantage of GPU power and no templates before Vegas Pro 10 will have those, and it will not automatically resort to using your GPU.

If you are upgrading from your 32-bit, you will likely fall in love with editing all over again once you go 64-bit and your new computer!

Participant

Going from Win XP Pro on Pentium 4 @ 2.53GHZ w/3GB RAM to Win 7 Pro on Core i7-2600K @ 3.40GHZ w/16GB RAM!

I can’t wait for current projects (3) to leave the pipeline so I can move up! (I’m not crazy enough to move mid-project).

Participant

Try making a copy of one of the old vegs, work on it for 15 minutes in
      Pro 11, and then see if you are crazy enough to continue dealing with
      snail speed.

Then again 8 might have a few more issues than 10 would be from upgrading.

Participant

About 95% done editing a wedding, just some minor details (mostly audio related) and then the two day render + one day DVD authoring. About 90% done with a corporate vid – just about two hours more editing (waiting on fedex for additional footage) then the 8 hour render + 4 hour DVD authoring. Plus one more 12 hour render on a PSA (editing all done – just need to create output and upload).

I just won’t take any chances… Call me chicken.

Participant

I will say I am currently not impressed with the “upgrade” in the stabilization. I think Vegas Pro 10 had a much better stabilization feature in it. Not only could I stabilize a 6 second clip in under 10 seconds, but the zoom was also not as severe. Now Vegas Pro 11 takes about 3 minutes to stabilize a 6 second clip – and it zooms quite a bit. Maybe I am doing something wrong but there aren’t many options to mess with in Pro 11. I have tried even the most minimal of stabilization with not much luck.

Participant

I have ProDad Mercalli 2 and NewBlueFX Stabilizer Pro so that wasn’t a selling feature to me.

In fact, if it weren’t for the speed boost of going to 64bit – not to mention the GPU acceleration I probably would have stuck with 8 as I don’t need or already have alternatives to many of the features they’ve introduced since (3d, titling, stabilization, etc…) and 8 has done well by me (I’ve certainly gotten my money’s worth from it) as far as a stable product.

It goes in this weekend for some test runs on the new box – I’ll let you know what I think Monday.

Participant

Speed was the sole reason for my upgrade as well, just disappointed one feature that worked well before seems to have gotten worse. I will have to look for the plug-ins you have listed. I think Pinnacle Studio actually has the NewBluFX Stabilizer bundled in ( I used this before I Vegas) and Vegas 10 did a comparable stabilization job to what Pinnacle did.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap