Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7.0, needs DVD architect ??

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7.0, needs DVD architect ??

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,

I just received my new HC7 (had Panasonic GS300) and am getting up to speed with HDV.

I downloaded Vegas Studio Platinum 7.0 and had no trouble capturing and editing my video in SD and HDV format.

When I tried to burn the material to DVD, Vegas program told me it needed DVD Architect in order to do it. It was my understanding that Vegas would do everything including burn the project to DVD (yea I know in SD format πŸ˜‰

So… my question: Should Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7.0 burn the project to disk without any additional software?

Thanks,

Jeff B

Participant

Yes, you need DVD architect. Did you buy Vegas without Architect? It comes with it.

Inactive

compusolver Wrote:

I don’t use Vegas, but before someone can help you, they may need to know whether you’re trying to burn in SD or HD and, if HD, whether you have Blu-Ray or HD-DVD burners. (Are HD-DVD burners even out yet?)

Hi Hank..

I capture in HDV but burn in SD…

FYI… I think there is a blu-Ray burner out there but it is lots of $$$ I am trying to get the very best quality on SD DVD at the moment… (and struggling to do it I might add)

Take care

Jeff B

Inactive

dnathan Wrote:

Yes, you need DVD architect. Did you buy Vegas without Architect? It comes with it.

HUM… that is what I thought.. I downloaded the Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7.0 TRIAL (30 day) and I thought it came with the DVD architect but … when I tried to burn my first DVD the program told me "architect" was not installed. I had to download it separately and install for the program to burn a DVD.

Vegas … 7.0 cost is around $120.00 and the DVD Architect is around $49.00 so the total is $170 it seems.

Inactive

It wouldn’t surprise me if the trial version didn’t allow burning DVDs. The purpose of the trial is probably just to see if you like the editing features. If the trial version allows you to save AVI or MPEG2 files, you could go to http://www.mediachance.com and download their 30-day trial of DVD-lab Studio. It will allow you to burn DVDs, so you can see the results of your editing on your TV.
    Just my 3 cents worth. πŸ™‚
    Ken Hull

• Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap