Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 and the Stutters

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

This is a Noob observation as much as a request. Two days ago I got a cool laptop. Acer8950g , very tasty with heaps of space and power. I loaded Vegas. I went and shot some stuff on my NEX VG 10. Plays beautifully from the card. When I load it to the editor Vegas swallows up the AVCHD beautifully. Everything renders rapidly .. I was outputting as a 1080p .avi. On playback the rendered movie staggers and stutters dreadfully off the hard drive. Other posts say it’ll be OK once it’s burned to a disc. I bought a bluray burner to generate the highest quality package I could offer. What do others think? I’m perplexed by the excellent video off the SDHC card and the end result.

Participant

Just to clarify, are you saying it plays fine in Vegas (when you preview using Best-Full, not Preview-Auto) but when you play the M2V file back from Windows it stutters?

Participant

Just a ram issue trying to play that thing.

When I played the untouched file straight off the card in VLC it played perfectly. After I rendered the project as an .avi and then turned Vegas off and opened the new .avi file in VLC it stuttered.

Participant

randomly or like you rendered it at 5 frames per second strobing?

I’m so new to this grinner I don’t even know how to begin answering the question. I just picked the 1080p option.

PS … I think the RAM is up to it. It’s 8gb of ddr3

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio editing software for video editors — 2021

Let's look at the best audio editing software currently on the market, then go over the most important features to consider as you shop.
homicide-bootstrap