Sony Plug-in-power…. HELP!

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Soooo, I use a Sony Hdrsr11 for all my video needs. I love it. But I have recently decided to delve into the audio world, now that i have discovered how crapy my audio has been.

SO i bought a JuicedLink XLR adapter (the CX211 if you must, http://juicedlink.com/index_files/CX_camcorder_XLR_microphone_adapter_audio_mixers_CX211.htm), because i really wanted a dedicated and attached connector, not just a cable. BUT THE PROBLEM IS, the dc voltage coming from my “pluginpower” mic jack is causing a contstant buzz/humm/crap when i plug it in…

I have researched the shure a96f and similar products (something that will “shunt” or “block” the dc voltage coming from the jack) and thought about cutting off the 3.5 mm end and finding a way to solder it to my Juicedlink’s 3.5mm cable….But this seems expensive and a little sketchy….

Is there a 3.5mm cable adapter or cable thing in existence that i could use to block this voltage?? Preferably not a 60 dollar cord that i have to cut up and melt to something else haha…has anyone been successful at blocking the dc voltage coming from a “plug in power” mic???

THIS IS A MESSAGE TO ALL AUTOBOTS AMONG THE STARS…Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap