Sony PD170 accessories

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi everybody,
      I just got my pd170 cam with the anton bauer on video light. I didn’t realize that I need an extra battery pack for the light. What should I look for regarding the batteries for the on video light. Is it going to be straped on my hips, or back ? Like always any help and advise is appreciated.
      Thanks, Patrik

Inactive

This is still me
      also if I want to do a weddings I need stronger battery for my cam with the charger , right. Is there an easy web site to buy, both the battery pack for my on video light, plus stronger battery for my pd170? Thanks

Participant

Hey, Ive got a Sony HVL-20DW2 20-watt Video Light. The reason i got this particular light is because it use the same as the PD170. I then bought two Sony NP-F970, L-series batteries (you should get at leas one for your camera) I use the small battery that came with the camera as a back up. I shot a wedding last Sat and used one of the fully charged bigger batteries and it lasted me roughly from 5:00 to 12:00 but it was completley dead when i was done. When using a light (in my experience at least)they use a lot of juice so you want to make sure you have plenty of extry batteries. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ is the best place (imho) to get your gear. Also feel free to call them up and ask questions. Most of them are pretty knowledgable and can help you out with specifics. Im not sure which light you have so I hope this helped some. Good luck.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap