I’m new here
      I’m also pretty new in filming en editing

I would like to know whether the Sony HVR-HD1000E HDV a good buy is

I want to buy this camera, but ik want a goed camera

can someone help me

Greetz
      Joeri

Inactive

I have owned the camera for a few months now. I use the camera to shoot events(weddings, etc). I am very happy with it! Excellent picture and easy tooperate. The price was right too. Plus it just looks “CAMERA.” And despite what some may say, looks matter. You are taken more seriously if you have a professional looking camera.

Be warned, it is a little weak in low light situations! Be prepared to to have an on camera light or studio lights to make sure your picture does not get too grainy. But on an outside shoot with decent sunlight, the picture is amazing. Also it is a very stable camera.

Participant

I shoot sprint cars racing. Is there a manual setting I can use once the sun is down to loose the graininess I am experiencing?

My videos are at: http://www.youtube.com/user/dagunner

Any comments would be appreciated.

Participant

I have this camera and have problems with low light issues too. What I have read from other people is you can slow your shutter speed down to 1/30 to allow in more light. Filming racing though, that might not be a good option for you. Understand that the gain on the camera is totally auto – no manual control at all. That means that if you open your iris up, the camera will boost the gain to the CMOS sensor, and introduce more grain. You’ll just need to play with it to see your results…

Best,

Marc

Joe,

We have 2 of these cameras we use to film weddings. check out our samples;

http://www.vimeo.com/5914231

This was done with playing around the manual settings and Adobe PPro CS3 editing and color plug ins. One suggestion is use lights!lights! and more lights! πŸ™‚

it really depends on your style andwhat you are using it for..if it is for more steady shooting i would recommend thisbut if it is for run and gun you are better off investing in something lighter andslimmer than this camera..

Participant

I went to a manual set for focus and brightness. Makes a good difference in quality while filming subjects at 90+ MPH.

Participant

I NEED HELP PLEASE!!! I BOUGHT AN HVR HD 100 U AND SHOT MY FIRST WEDDING WITH IT. I AM USING FINAL CUT PRO TO EDIT IT. I SHOT ON SD DV NOT THE HDV SETTING. I AM CAPTURING DV NTSC 48 KHZ. WHEN IT’S CAPTURING I DO NOT SEE THE LETTERBOX ON THE FOOTAGE BUT WHEN I BRING INTO THE TIMELINE I DO? WHY IS THIS AREN’T I NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE LETTERBOX SINCE IS HOT REGULAR DV. DID I FORGET A SETTING OR AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG? I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!

THANKS!

LAILA

Your best bet is to post this question at a dedicated forum for HD1000u users on DV info.net…

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/sony-hvr-hd1000/

for next time, just shoot in HD and then just downconvert it to SD during capture..

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap