Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Consumer Camcorders › SONY HDR-HC1 (Settings for final cut pro?)
- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 12 months ago by Anonymous.
- February 21, 2010 at 4:05 PM #47828AnonymousInactive
I’m not too sure how I should have my sequence settings when using either HD or DV in 16:9 footage shot on my sony hdr-hc1 also what capture settings should I use? I’d greatly appreciate it if someone could get back to me on this
- August 20, 2011 at 1:39 AM #196782deviantfotograferParticipant
I have the HDR-HC3 and have the same problems, I have final cut pro 4 and cant get it to capture the video from the camera, anyone have any ideas???
- August 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM #196783D0nParticipant
ok you guys will prolly hate me for this but here goes…
I use imovie for importing and organizing, then FCE for editing.
Behind the scenes, imovie simply is using Apple pro res, as far as I’m able to tell. I then export to xml and import the xml file into FCE when needed.
I guess that is why the new Final Cut Pro looks like such an obvious route to go for me….
But in final cut, I have imported footage right off my hdr hc1 directly into FCE but using the easy set up option that matches the setup I recorded with, usually hdv, 1080i 60, if that helps, if I recall, FCE was tempermental at controlling the camera, and I simply manually rewound the film, pressed play on camera and started the import in FCE which was why I resorted to using imovie in the first place, it simply worked easier.
- August 21, 2011 at 12:21 AM #196784deviantfotograferParticipant
thanks for your comment, I will have to try the easy setup in FCP!!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.