SONY HDR-HC1 (Settings for final cut pro?)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m not too sure how I should have my sequence settings when using either HD or DV in 16:9 footage shot on my sony hdr-hc1 also what capture settings should I use? I’d greatly appreciate it if someone could get back to me on this

thanks

Participant

I have the HDR-HC3 and have the same problems, I have final cut pro 4 and cant get it to capture the video from the camera, anyone have any ideas???

Participant

ok you guys will prolly hate me for this but here goes…

I use imovie for importing and organizing, then FCE for editing.

Behind the scenes, imovie simply is using Apple pro res, as far as I’m able to tell. I then export to xml and import the xml file into FCE when needed.

I guess that is why the new Final Cut Pro looks like such an obvious route to go for me….

But in final cut, I have imported footage right off my hdr hc1 directly into FCE but using the easy set up option that matches the setup I recorded with, usually hdv, 1080i 60, if that helps, if I recall, FCE was tempermental at controlling the camera, and I simply manually rewound the film, pressed play on camera and started the import in FCE which was why I resorted to using imovie in the first place, it simply worked easier.

Participant

thanks for your comment, I will have to try the easy setup in FCP!!!!

thanks Jarrod

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap