Sony HDR-FX1 (HELP)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I currently own a FX1 and i want to get a xlr adapter and shotgun mic, I also want to get a on camera light and battery pack!

anyone have any recommendations on any of those items!

Inactive

Beachtek all the way for the xlr…they even have units made specifically to work with the FX1. As for the Mic, well you get what you pay for but I like audio technica and shure. If you can afford a litepanels micro led, it is definitely the way to go, but B&H has all the lights you could ever imagine, and they range in price from almost nothing to as expensive as your camera. Just look at the features and decide what you need. Finally the battery pack: You may want to take a look at the Anton Bauer ElipZ system. It’s a full camera system that has compatible accessories such as a light and such. you can find it on B&H.

Participant

thanks!

Participant

I have an FX1 and I agree a beachtek and rode mic are the way to go. Light I just use my light I got from Sony, and as for batteries I bought the largest Sony makes for the FX1 cant remember the number right now but I can shoot off of that all day.

Participant

I have a Sony FX-1 and a Beachtek DXA-4 XLR adapter and a Rode mic. I like the beachtek adapter and it gives me more options for recording audio.

I’m pleased with the Rode mic as well. This mic can pick up some sounds you are not expecting to hear!

As far as on camera lighting, I have the Bescor MX-601 6 VDC Light. It is 20 or 40 Watt, diffusion, barn doors and shoe mount…I’m okay with it but I really want something better and brighter and maybe even in LED to save/extend battery life.
      The good thing about the Bescor is you can go to Academy and get the same 6vdc battery for 10 buck. You just need to solider a RCA jack to the terminals; saves about 40-50 bucks.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Consumer Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses — 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap