Sony HDR-FX1 Audio Help

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

New to this forum and I hope someone here can give me some information and some help on what I am tring to do.

I have been asked to video a beauty pageant at our local auditorium andcreatea DVD of it.I have no issues with the video itself. I have done video in this place many times. My problem has always been audio. The last time I did a video I used a beachtek device tied to my camera. The beahtek device was plugged into the back of the soundboard(mackie) into the left and rightmain out jacks (could be the left and right aux sends, can’t remember because I haven’t done this in a while). I was told to try the tape out, but if I remember correctly, the last time I tried that the audio wasn’t real clear, but that could have been my fault, because I went straight into the camera mic jack from the tape out. The sound I get is great when they are speaking, but if someone sings, it doesn’t sound to great, it almost sounds flat, no mix of music and voice. I thought about taking a second camera and using it to record the sound and pulling the singing parts from that camera.

Is there a better way of getting a good mix of speaking and singing?Will a digital recorder work better and if so, what kind?

I have a Sony HDR-FX1 camera. I also have a beachtek DXA-4. The mackie box is pretty old, it has been in the auditorium now since probably 2000. It is a 24 line. I am not sure what the model number is, but if needed I will see if I can get it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN