Sony HD fx1 mic adaptor

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 15 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi, i have the sony HD fx1 , i saw basically a souped up version in a sony store, same shape and all but a polished shiney black, with chrome trim, HOWEVER it had a mic mount on the underside ofnt where the play/ pause buttons are. I looked on mne and i notoced a screwed on cover , obviously for such a holder to go , however the people at the store had no clue where I could get one. has anyone seen this? it woudl be great becasue then i would keep the shoe free for a light or other acessory

Participant

Just bought one of these cameras today – can’t wait to get it!

I was at bh photo and saw a bracket — not sure if this is what you are looking for:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=details_accessories&A=details&Q=&sku=398635&is=REG&addedTroughType=accessory_detail&addedTroughValue=351515_REG

Inactive

no this one you remove the little cover just under where the monitor folds onto ( where the tape control buttons are. then this atached in there.

Inactive

OK i found a pic of the mount i want. its actually on the HVRZ1U which is basicall the fx1 with xlr’s

I have enclosed a picture of the mount:

Inactive

yay I have located and ordered one of these, should be getting it in a week!!!

order here:

https://www.ued.net/ued/addItems.do?itemCode=SNYX20239331

hope this helps anyone also trying to track this usefull item down

Inactive

So has anyone bought this part and successfully used it on the FX1?

Inactive

Adding the Sony HVR-Z1U microphone mount to a HDR-FX1 camera requires the original Sony Z1U mic mount, which is available, plus a spacer which attaches between the mic mount and camera, which is not available. Sony Broadcast’s website and the Z1U service manual shows the spacer as "not supplied" in an apparent attempt to differentiate the prosumer and professional models.

I am a FX1 user who put together a turnkey kit for mounting the original Sony Z1U mic mount on the the FX1. I use the kit myself and have had many appreciative customers. Complete details can be found by searching Ebay for "HDR-FX1 mic mount".

Inactive

graphics-guru –

I found this item on ebay, but i don’t think its worth it for 154 dollars.

I think I will get this adapter from B&H that will allow me to put 2 items on my shoe mount.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=382955&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

Inactive

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s280/hantanbl/?action=view&current=.my_first_widget.pbw

I have successfully mounted the Z1U Mic holder onto my FX1. Initially I have some problem as I needed the spacer (Sony do not sell the full assembly) which is the piece between the LCD panel and Mic holder. I manage to find a local workshop to custom made a spacer with 4 screws. Now it is all done and I have my mic holder installed excatly like the Z1U. The spacer is black in colour like the holder making it looks like 1 complete assembly. The spacer is made of a material called ‘Black Derlin’ which is quite close to the holder material. Derlin is light in weight but very strong.

Due to the workshop only agrees to produce 10 pieces at every run, I have 9 more pieces with me. I know some of you are looking for the spacer so I am ready to let go the rest. Anyone looking for this let me know. My email is hantanbl@gmail.com

Take note that this is only the spacer, you will have to buy the Mic holder that bears the sony part number X-2023-933-1 from online store like partstore.com etc. I think they are selling it for $62.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap