sony handycam 990x vs SONY DCR-HC20?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I found one of both of these cameras for sale, and they are both the same price

i have experience in shooting video and editing, but buying a camera is something i lack in

which one would be the best buy since they are the same price and come with everything they need to operate?

Participant

I tried tosearch forboth camcorders(?) and was unable to find a listing for s Sony 990x. Perhaps the 990x refers to a digital zoom capability of a older Digital or Hi 8 camcorder. We will need a model number to try to help you. The DCR-HC20 in a Mini Dv which you can probably find at a verylow price on the internet. Model numbers and your intended usage for the camcorder would help. A link to the two camswill allow for amore indepthresponse.

Inactive

ok the other one is supposed to be the MHS-CM1 sony webbie sorry about that lol

and yeah here are the links to the cameras

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ele/2196580654.htmlDCR-HC20

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Camera-Video-Camera-HD-5-Mega-Pixs-5x-Zoom-/190498586112?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item2c5a99be00MHS-CM1

Inactive

and i really would like to be able to get a fisheye and wide angle lens for whichever camera i get

im just shooting random videos for church and with friends

Participant

flash, of the two camcorders it appears that only the DCR-HC20has threads on the outside of the lens (25mm). These threads will allow an additional wide angle or possible fish-eye lens to be attaqched. You might check to see if there are wide angle lens adapters available in this size (25 mm).There are a number of other differences but I don’t know if they are important to you. Hope this helps.

Inactive

thanks that does help i appreciate it

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap