Sony DVDirect

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Has anyone purchased the new Sony DVDirect DVD recorder that records directly from a video camera?

Any thoughts? Does it work well?

Thank you,

David

Inactive

It is great for easy of getting the files to a computer with out firewire, as I teach kids video production, They have broke cameras (the firewire input) this camera helps with that (does stop them from dropping it)

Also it is great that the information is already archived in a easy to use format, tapes shell life or easy of damage is higher.

Down side: the time on the disks are short in high quality mood campared to a tape. also the quality is not as high as DV, it is compressed

so easy of use vs quality and time

Inactive

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rmsbcspd/reviews/20041228/everio.html

this camera is better that the DVD

Inactive

Hi there. I thought I would post my question on this thread as well.

I had a question about the Sony machine. I’m looking for a way to capture VHS and convert it to a straight MPEG-2 file that I can then bring into Adobe Encore. I don’t really want it to create a menu and convert the footage to TS files. I just want the raw MPEG-2 files on the DVD that I can copy into my editing machine.

Is that possible with this device?

Thanks!

Sean

Participant

I doubt it but this device should do what you want:

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/multimedia/Plextor_ConvertX/

Dave

Inactive

Thank you Dave. This is EXACTLY what I’m lookign for! I just ordered one.

Sean

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap