Sony DCR VX2100 or Canon GL2

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am down to the wire… Which one ohh which one… I Just spent a little while looking in the forums… and it seems like it is half and half… Which one should I get… I’ll be making movies, and hopefully going into a major in Video Production/Film/Editing in College… I am going to be a Senior in HS in the fall… I can afford either one…

What do you guys suggest?

~Evan

Inactive

Ohh another thing real fast..

Should I trust getting a camera here???

http://search.stores.ebay.com/ws/search/InStoreItemSearch?fci=6&fcl=4&from=R10&fsn=myVbuy&fsoo=2&fsop=3&fts=2&sasel=35747080&satitle=vx2100&sofp=0

They have a cool package for the 2100 I am thinking about getting.. and the “reviews” are pretty good

~Evan

Participant

Hi,
      Lots of info/forums/chitchat on both models at this site:
      http://www.camcorderinfo.com
      Have been using a VX2100 for several months. Shoot a lot in clubs and low light situations. If low light is part of your shooting agenda, I don’t think you can beat the VX2100 (or that family of video cams) unless you want to spend lots more money. (What you read everywhere is true about this cam’s low light capabilities; great in normal light too!!)
      Recently dubbed some low light blues band performances from mini-DV shot with the VX2100, to VHS via S-cable and stereo cables. (I say low light, but the cam actually seems to double or triple the ambient light and get it on the tape.) Had the opportunity to watch the footage on a HD TV with 2.5 foot by 3.5 foot standard non-projection screen. It was thrilling how good it looked. Actually, BETTER than being there.
      Also, frankly, the on camera mike works fine too, although it is standard to diss these on camera mikes. At the event and listening to playback, it was hard to hear the bass. However, once I ran it through a mixer and my stereo system speakers, with the bass maxed, the original bass part was sitting there clear, clean, and powerful. Next time I saw the bassman, I expressed my surprise that I thought I was hearing an upright richly toned acoustical bass, rather than the electric one that was played. He said he was playing his bass to get that very effect. Another plus for the VX2100.
      Where to buy; can’t go wrong with http://www.bhphotovideo.com.
      Good shooting!
      REGARDS … TOM 8)

Inactive

Two thumbs up for B&H, I have bought two cameras from them, I rate their customer service as top notch. I wouldn’t ever think of going anywhere else.

John

Inactive

okay, so i go to B&H.. and all i get is a green bar… WHY?

~Evan

Participant

Evan06060 Wrote:

okay, so i go to B&H.. and all i get is a green bar… WHY?

~Evan

Hmmm… The link works for me. Maybe try copy and paste to your browser. I’m a Sony fan. Like they said, great low light, and great I.S. too. Very rugged.
      People who own Canon are very loyal though. Both are excellent camcorders.
      B&H rocks. I just bought a DSR-PD170 from them.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap