Soliciting input on what pro Canon camcorder to buy

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m trying to decide on what type of professional camcorder to buy to expand my home based video editing business. Having used low end Canon’s in the past, i’m partial to them. The new Canon XA 10 looks enticing but as I work with Final Cut Pro, which does not support the XA 10’s AVCHD format, I have reservations. I may go with the XF 100 instead. Has anybody heard if the new redesigned Final Cut Pro X supposedly coming out this summer will support AVCHD files? I will be using the camcorder to film interviews for personal biographies, sports video for montages, and promotional videos for businesses and non profits. Any suggestions or recommendations on a Canon, Panasonic, or Sony camcorder between $2,000 and $3,000 that is compatible with FCP?

Thanks in advance

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap