Software, burner or player – or all of them?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Software, burner or player – or all of them?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I too – being new to DVD burning have prepared a DVD of family video that was aging fast. Some family members are unable to play discs with a menu at the head-end – but can play a second disc with no menu just fine.
      A couple can’t play any of them.

Reading many posts here, it appears the playback problem could be my authoring software (Pinnacle Studio 9), recording media brand, end-user DVD player (all are supposedly DVD-R compatible), or it could be my DVD burner (built-in on my brand new high-powered Compaq/HP).

The DVD-Rs I’ve burned so far play flawlessly in two out of three DVD players around my house (an inexpensive multi-format Sony, and an off-brand portable DVD player). My dad can’t get any of the discs to play in a cheap Apex player.

I’d really appreciate any thoughts based on your experiences; which of my production components is most likely to be the weak point?

Participant

I agree.

I use Studio 9 plus…. yeah yeah yeah I know, but I have no issues with it, my setup is very stable and it does everything I need.

Every disc works fine with the menus

A BIG HOWEVER, I create a disc in Studio, but I do not burn using Studio’s burning engine. In “make movie” click on “settings” button . On the pop up screen select ” create disc content, but do not burn” Make note of the “image folder location” (bottom of pop up screen) Then create your master piece.

Using Nero, I then burn my DVD inputting the video files from the “Image file location”

The brand of disc can have a huge impact on the reliabilty and compatability of your production with other players.
      http://www.dvdinfopro.com is a good site to get disc info from.
      Being from OZ we don’t have all the brand name that you have. I basically stay with TDK or Verbatim

Participant

Thanks Hank I’ll give them a go.

Hey mate I just love some of you tongue in cheek posts Keep it up – keeps us on our toes and we get a giggle or two.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap