Smith Victor lighting kit

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello all.Adorama has a Smith Victor K76 4000-watt Professional Quartz Studio Lighting kit on sale for $1,058.95.It consists of2 720-SG and 2 750-SG lights,stands and 696 Pro Lighting Case. My question is:I would like to buy this kit.Is this a good price?Thank you.

Participant

That would have been an ok retail price a few years ago. Today, you can get a good Lowel kit cheaper than that and you can get a niiiice new wireless LED kit without breaking the bank. It’s worth surfin BandH before buying.

Participant

That’s an awful lot of light for video. What are you trying to illuminate? I use three 500-Watt quartz instruments in my studio and that is often too much.

Linda,

I agree with Steve 4k worth of lights is quite a lot. If you’re doing a live broadcast setup or lighting a medium, large studio or outdoor set that’d be a good number. Not to mention quartz lights get hot as halogens and have specifically short lifespans. Grinner’s also correct, for $1k you can get some nice Lowell kits with 3 or 4 lights, scrims, filter mounts, umbrellas and more included.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap