slow motion and key frame

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Good day I am back again,

How can one tackle the slow motion without loosing the imge quality in premiere?

I have noticed that if I do slow motion the image quality decreases, I dont know if someone else have noticed that.

also is there anyway one can key frame the slow motion?

please hlep.

Participant

When apply slow motion to a video clip, each frame plays slower, resulting in a lower frame rate. All you’re probably losing is frame rate, so the motion won’t be as smooth. If possible, use your camcorder to record at 60i or 60p – then you will have a higher frame rate to back you up when applying slow motion. Slowing down half of the speed will give you a frame rate of 30. Also, don’t be concerned about keeping a 60 FPS video at 60 frames per second; most TVs and video players are only capable of showing 30.

Anyway, slowing picture motion will always lose frame rate – there’s no way out of that.

hope this helps!

Participant

There shouldn’t be a noticable reduction in quality, have you rendered the timeline?

Participant

I really dont get you well, rendered timeline? yes I put slow motion then render when playing the video I see the slow motion sequence looses quality.

Participant

I really dont get you well, rendered timeline?

Some editing software (PowerDirector in particular) has the option of rendering the video in the timeline and display it in a preview window.

yes I put slow motion then render when playing the video I see the slow motion sequence looses quality.

Are you sure that you are applying slow motion, saving the video file, and than watching the saved (rendered) video? If so, your computer or player might be dragging and “hiccuping” on certain parts of the video. To be sure you’re seeing the real thing, try applying slow motion and burning to a DVD to watch on a TV.

Participant

There are two options for slow motion in Premiere, what one are you using?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap