Slideshow without time seqencing

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a customer that would like to view a slideshow on his tv but wants to control his pictures with his controller not timed sequencing and no music necessary. Any suggestions.

Most simple jpeg image files will play on most current DVRs VCRs, often with variable timing, as well as manual image changes.

Participant

Depending on your software, you can set each photo as its own ‘scene’ on a DVD and allow the user to scroll through at whatever pace seems right.

Participant

Thanks for your response. I use Nero or Vegas Pro how would I create a separate scene for each picture?

Participant

I’m not a Vegas user, but this link (to Web Video University) may have some tips:

http://webvideouniversity.com/blog/2008/08/27/video-tutorial-how-to-create-a-photo-slideshow-in-sony-vegas/

Participant

Sounds like he wants a powerpoint – Just about all laptops have external video and most newer tv’s can be hooked up to them. Otherwise, why not record his voiceover, sync it to the presentation and let him use the voice (or some other mechanism, maybe visual like a slide countdown timer) as cues as to when to pause/play.

Participant

I agree with Bruce. It would probably be best to check the television to see what kind of inputs it has. If it has HDMI, DVI, or VGA you should be able to hook a computer directly to the television and use Powerpoint with a wireless mouse or an actual wireless remote to advance the slide.

Be aware that if you end up going with the DVD route, your controller will tend to feel unresponsive. That’s because it can take about a second for the disc to recognize the action, find the picture on the disc, and load it on the screen. This may not seem like a lot, but it often results in a client pressing the “unresponsive” button too many times and advancing past slides they actually want. Just a thought and great responses from everyone so far!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap