Slideshow with music

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      camae
      Participant

I am completely new to this so my question is probably simple or maybe not. I set up a slideshow of 200 photos Premiere seems set on only allowing me 5 secs for each photo, is there any way to change that? I also want to run some simple songs over the show really basic stuff nothing fancy. However I’m banging my head against my desk trying to make it all come together. Please if you can help!

Camae

EarlC

Clara, I’m not a Premiere user so I can’t help with that program, but I do a LOT of photo/music montage work commercially and will tell you that for MOST projects 5 seconds works. I offer a “basic” package that includes “up to” 150 images and that translates to an approximate 12-to-15 minute project length.

For the huge number of memorials, party and milestone event celebrations that length comes out just about perfect. For groups watching a production during an event, anything longer or more than 20 minutes is going to have many in the crowd wishing it were over and glancing at their watches or looking around to see who else is acting bored.

This is probably why Premiere uses that setting for its default. Does Premiere offer a “help” connection where you can inquire about changing default image time lengths in slideshows? I know someone who is knowledgeable of your program will pipe in here soon, so be patient.

Also, FYI, unless you’re using some really slow tempo music calling for extended image display to accommodate 2-second or longer dissolves or transitions, using a 15-frame to 1-second dissolve usually works fine for 5-seconds per image.

Also, nothing beats using cuts with the occasional change-up 12-to-15 frame dissolve, to match up-tempo music and songs.

Earl

Luis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

You can change the length by selecting the end of a clip with the selection tool and extend it left or right. Also you can Right click a clip (photo) in the timeline > Speed/Duration > Change it to your desire time length. Premieres default images time length is 5 seconds, you can change it by going to preference > General > Change Still Image Default Duration to the time you want. (Note: This will affect every image you import)

“…and will tell you that for MOST projects 5 seconds works.”

I agree with Earl, for slideshows 5 seconds works in most situations. It depends on your taste, but remember the longer the slideshow, the more boring it gets. That why slideshows created in Windows Movie Maker tends to be awfully boring. Their creators are usually not pros and they believe that a slideshow is better when it have hundreds of pictures with transitions on everything (God, I hate that). A good slideshow is one that tell a story with a proper and meaningful order.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.