Slide Show Quality Problem

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello everyone, I’m a new FCP user, although I have some experience with video editing, I have a problem making a slide show.

I’m working with solids,masks, and other graphic solutions that should be realized with another programs like AE, but I’m managing so far to get the result I like. The only problem I have is that when I send the render, the pictures lose quality, and become kind of pixelated, u can have a look here, quality of course isn’t high but I tried to export it as well on the highest quality and the results seem to be even more evident.

http://moorboy.interfree.it/Sequence02.mov

As u can see, on the chest of the B&W picture and on the forehead of the right one, the reflex of the light looks really bad.

The frame size of the pictures is 5616×3744 which I know is really high, but because they’re professional headshots, I thought I’d keep the original resolution.

Just to give some more infos about the project settings, I’m using .jpg pictures, no videos, I just worked on 22 seconds using more or less 20 pictures, the settings of the sequence for the playback and the RT are all at the maximum (Unlimited RT, High Playback video quality, Full Playback frame rate).

Another funny thing, if I just insert the picture in the timeline without rendering it, I can see it clear with no loss in the video preview of the project, after I render it or export it, the whole thing happens, and I see it pixelated in the preview window too..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..it’s so frustrating when you start something and you interrupt half way when u have an inspiration..

Participant

First off, you should be referencing the quality of your video through an external monitor. Computer monitors do not accurately display video.

Second, I know Final Cut doesn’t like really big images, and 5616X3744 is friggin huge. If you’re working in an SD timeline, you’re images only need to be 72dpi with pixel dimensions that fill 720X480. If you’re going to zoom into the pictures and do some panning and zooming, then they should be 1440X960.

Finally, what format are you rendering out to? If you’re trying to save for the web, export a Quicktime encoded with the H.264 coded. DV-NTSC looks like crap on a computer screen since it meant to be viewed on a TV.

Participant

<p style=”margin: 0in 0in 0pt;” class=”MsoNormal”><span style=”font-weight: normal; font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial;”>As a casual observation you are trying to make a slide show out of 20 photographs on air 22 seconds each.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>That makes the video roughly 8 minutes long if you use title, credits and copyright. (and you should). <span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”></span>So why dont you pick out suitable back ground music for the photos you are displaying.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>Pick out a suitable color to use as background video.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> (</span>If you dont like the color you can always change it with the color correction process).<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>Both the music and back ground should be of a nature to enhance the photographs.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>A fugue wouldnt </span><span style=”font-weight: normal; font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold;” lang=”EN”>enhance light hearted photographs any more than a waltz would depict the dark and sinister pictures. </span><span style=”font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN;” lang=”EN”><span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”></span></span><span style=”font-weight: normal; font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN;” lang=”EN”>Now you can</span><span style=”font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN;” lang=”EN”> </span><span style=”font-weight: normal; font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial;”>Videotape the background and record the music at the same time.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>Since it was a planned project of 8 minutes make the video about 10 minutes long.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>When the background and music has been set up you are ready to import the photographs.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>If possible try to convert your JPEG files to </span><span style=”font-weight: normal; font-size: 14pt; font-family: Arial;”>PSD files.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>They handle rendering better and are more stable in videos products.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>If your photographs have a title make sure you incorporate the titles into the video.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>Be sure to include transitions before and after each picture.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”> </span>Finally obey any and all copyright restrictions that are out there.<span style=”mso-spacerun: yes;”>Using thistechniquehas help me save many a video in both FCP and Adobe Premiere.</span></span>

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio editing software for video editors — 2021

Let's look at the best audio editing software currently on the market, then go over the most important features to consider as you shop.
homicide-bootstrap