Sleepless nights for Videographers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

After reading a few posts about the HD format war, I’ve been wondering if there are other things out there keeping video enthusiasts and pros awake at night. I’d love to get your feedback.

As a videographer (at any level of experience), what aspects of video production keep you up at night?

Mark

Inactive

OK, I’ll take the bait. πŸ˜€

4:1:1 compression vs. 4:2:2 compression. Since I do a lot of chroma-key in my amateur movies, I’ve been wondering how much better my composite shots might look if my camcorder had less color compression. πŸ˜•

And since I’ll probably get a hi-def camcorder in a year or so… can these hard drive add-on units that attach to HDV camcorders record the data before it’s HDV compressed? I think at least one recent HDV camcorder is said to have 4:2:2 compression "internally", but not out to tape. :'(

Oh, and one more thing….. I thought I sort of understood what 4:2:2 and 4:1:1 were…. until I read that some camcorders do 4:2:0. 😯
      How the #%^$#@ can 4:2:0 work??? Aren’t you completely missing a color?

Well, that’s what keeps me up at night. Now you’ll have to excuse me while I go take a nap. (Didn’t get any sleep last night.) 😐
      Ken Hull

The only thing I lose sleep over these days is cash flow. If we have plenty of it, I sleep well. If we are short on cash, I tend to be a little uptight, on edge and a bit more stressed.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap