Skipping in Video Files

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I am currently using Ulead Videostudio 8 to edit videos, creating an .AVI file of the finished video, and importing the finished video in Pinnacle Expression for DVD burning. The problem I am having is that whenever I capture a video from the camcorder into either program, there are video/audio skips in various places throughout the video. Sometimes the video will freeze and then speed up again and sometimes it just stutters.
      I have tried to defragment the hard drive as per the instructions of Ulead’s technical support but this did not solve the problem.
      This problem hasn’t always happened, when we first purchased the system, this problem didn’t occur. It is only recently that it has started.

Anyone have any idea what I could do to fix this problem?

Inactive

Sounds like something has used up your systems resources. I call it Task List Bloat.

When you do Ctrl-Alt-Delete (in most Windows systems) you can get a Task List that shows all the stuff running at the time. All these things eat memory. Some of them you need, most you don’t.

You might Google “unnecessary program tasks” to get some ideas and checkout:
      http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/40722/40722.html

Also, check a site like videoguys.com and go to the section where they recommend hardware. Make sure your system is up to snuff.

Are you using two harddrives? One for your system and program files and another just for capture is much better than doing everything on one drive.

As a final note (and you don’t want to hear this) the cheaper programs like Ulead and Pinnacle seem to have more computer glitches and “gotchas” than the more expensive software.

Thank you for your reply. Would you be able to reccommend a better program that I could use?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap