size of production building???????

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

i am building a studio (or glorified barn), for shooting educational videos for the health care industry. i’ll have a single production set, with perhaps 3

actors. my basic plans call for a 30 x 40 building with 16 foot high celings. is this big enough? are the ceilings high enough for a lighting grid?

it’s better to build the right thing than wind up with regrets wishing i’d built it larger or differently. any advice about dimensions needed is greatly appreciated.

Participant

That sounds large enough to me. I don’t know exactly what your plans are, but that’s bigger than the studio at our school, and we have a top-of-the line-studio.

You want to know about the inverse square law when it comes to lighting. Basically, lets say you have a light shining on someone and the light is 5 feet away from them. if you change the distance to 10 feet away from them, you will have 1/4 of the light falling on your subject, not half. So that may be something to think about when having a grid 16 feet high. make sure your lights are bright enough so that enough light is falling on your subjects.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap