Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Miscellaneous Techniques › Silence of the Lambs–night goggles effect: help
- October 29, 2007 at 4:33 PM #37124pugdogproductionsParticipant
Wanted to do a spoof and looking for that effect of wearing those night goggles, in the dark and filming someone. Need the view of the greenish view in the dark and then seeing someone. How do I get something like that effect?
Thanks for any advice!
- October 29, 2007 at 4:52 PM #164544birdcatParticipant
Use a Sony Camcorder with Super Nightshot and film in a dark location using red lights.
- October 31, 2007 at 11:52 PM #164545DaveArthurParticipant
You could also shoot your video normally, then color the footage using your editing program. Most good NLE systems (Final Cut, AVID, Vegas, etc.) will allow you to manipulate the colors of your image and add a color cast.
Throw in a green cast, darken the image a little, add a little video noise, and you have nightvision.
- November 1, 2007 at 4:09 AM #164546birdcatParticipant
Speaking of using your NLE – I use Sony’s Vegas and versions 6 & 7 came with Magic Bullet’s Movie Looks which has several settings that might do the trick for you or at least get you to a good starting point.
- November 10, 2007 at 1:48 AM #164547pugdogproductionsParticipant
Thanks for your suggestions!
- November 10, 2007 at 1:32 PM #164548
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.