Silence of the Lambs–night goggles effect: help

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey yall–

Wanted to do a spoof and looking for that effect of wearing those night goggles, in the dark and filming someone. Need the view of the greenish view in the dark and then seeing someone. How do I get something like that effect?

Thanks for any advice!

Ellen

Participant

Use a Sony Camcorder with Super Nightshot and film in a dark location using red lights.

Participant

You could also shoot your video normally, then color the footage using your editing program. Most good NLE systems (Final Cut, AVID, Vegas, etc.) will allow you to manipulate the colors of your image and add a color cast.

Throw in a green cast, darken the image a little, add a little video noise, and you have nightvision.

Participant

Speaking of using your NLE – I use Sony’s Vegas and versions 6 & 7 came with Magic Bullet’s Movie Looks which has several settings that might do the trick for you or at least get you to a good starting point.

Participant

Thanks for your suggestions!

Participant

A lot of NLEs do offer presets for the night vision look. I’d personally go for Adobe After Effects since that offers so many more possibilities. You can tweak the green to be just right, add some grain/noise, perhaps even some very military looking numbers and lines on the edges.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap