Should i sell my DCR-HC30 for a DCR-HC21?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

——————————————————————————–

I want the higher optical zoom that the HC21 has. Thats the only reasion i want to sell my HC30. I think the HC30 has more features but i never use them really. I haven’t took one pic with it or ever used the remote or the color viewfinder, i always use the LCD.

What would you guys do? The video quality should be the same right?

Thanks

Inactive

I think you shouldn’t down-grade. Better get a zoom adapter of 0.7x or 1.5x and this will clearly enhance your zoom on the HC30. Sony sells lens adapters for most of its camcorders.

Inactive

svhs Wrote:

I think you shouldn’t down-grade. Better get a zoom adapter of 0.7x or 1.5x and this will clearly enhance your zoom on the HC30. Sony sells lens adapters for most of its camcorders.

I thought about doing that. Do they work very good? You can’t keep them on your camcorder all the time can you? Seems like you would spend most of your time taking the lens on and off. I’m going to the beach soon is why i want the extra zoom.

For example. If i have a 2.0X Telephoto Conversion Lens on my HC30 and i’m not using the zoom at all do i have to take it off or can i leave it on? Do you think the VCL-TW25 25mm 2.0X & 0.7X Twin Conversion Lens is very good comes with a wide angle lens as a bouns.

Thanks for the help. πŸ™‚

Inactive

To show you some of the aspects of using that adapter, I’ll quote Mark Shapiro from a good online magazine:
      “Telephoto adapters are not all the same. Sometimes they dont fit quite right and when you zoom out to maximum wide angle you may see the sides of the adapter ring. Quality is also an issue. Whenever you add another lens between your subject and the camera, you end up degrading the image, however slight. The cheapest lenses are made of plastic and may unacceptably distort your image. Better lens are made from glass. However, a good glass telephoto adapter may cost more than your camcorder! I recommend taking your camcorder with you and trying different adapters and see what the image looks like. And, if you dont have one already, buy a good tripod while you are at the photo store.”
      So the bottom line is you should get the telephoto off when not using zoom, and also get some better stabilizer.
      Cheers!

Inactive

svhs Wrote:

To show you some of the aspects of using that adapter, I’ll quote Mark Shapiro from a good online magazine:
      “Telephoto adapters are not all the same. Sometimes they dont fit quite right and when you zoom out to maximum wide angle you may see the sides of the adapter ring. Quality is also an issue. Whenever you add another lens between your subject and the camera, you end up degrading the image, however slight. The cheapest lenses are made of plastic and may unacceptably distort your image. Better lens are made from glass. However, a good glass telephoto adapter may cost more than your camcorder! I recommend taking your camcorder with you and trying different adapters and see what the image looks like. And, if you dont have one already, buy a good tripod while you are at the photo store.”
      So the bottom line is you should get the telephoto off when not using zoom, and also get some better stabilizer.
      Cheers!

See that’s why i’d like to get the camcorder with 20x zoom.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap